Sunday, December 2, 2007

White pills

So, I asked Josh what I should write about today and he told me that it should be about my white pills. Jer - you know what that means, but for those of you that don't, in a nutshell, I've been an emotional wreck today! ha!

To start out, I've been hating my job today. This happens about once a month when I get to the white pills. Actually, it happens about once a week on Sundays as well, but that is on a much smaller scale when I am dreading going to another week of school. But to be honest with myself, there are a lot of good things that I do like about my job. For example, only 13 more days this month - and then I get a 2 week break! I'll try and list some real reasons on another day. I just can't do it tonight!

The Christmas Devotional was on today. Josh slept through it ("I didn't sleep through the whole thing," he says) and I cried through it. It was so good to hear the First Presidency speak and to remember the wonderful blessing that the birth of our Savior really was. It was also so good to see the lights at Temple Square! I can't wait to go visit in a couple more weeks - as much as I like Kansas, it's not home.

Last, I need my mom to get home from her cruise! I've been having withdrawls since she's been gone this week. It has made me realize how long 18 months are going to be without my mom and dad within a simple phone call.

On a much lighter note, I made my first turkey over the weekend for a Christmas party for Josh's National Guard unit. His mom made our turkey for Thanksgiving, so I had to brave this one on my own. It was actually very delicious and turned out great. It wasn't even as gross as I thought it would be as I pulled out the neck and the giblets. See below for a good-looking bird!

4 comments:

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

Haha! I love your blog. So funny! Sorry we had to cancel on you for Sunday...I forgot about YW and I had a panic attack having to pack! We will have to get together after the Christmas break! Sounds like you guys are going home too, that should be fun! I am glad I can blogstalk you until then! Take care! By the way, you will have to check out our blog and see Hudson's latest happenings! (little-giggles.blogspot.com)

Michelle Johnston said...

Joni, lets do it! We are totally up for a couples gingerbread deco party:) Would that be Sunday appropriate? Thats really the only day I can see Brent wanting to do that instead of studying, until finals are over.

Craig and Janalyn said...

Joni I totally understand the little white pills.. I have 3 of them. HAHAHAHAHA I bawled through reading your blog. I miss you like crazy. I also really miss mom and dad. What are we going to do without them? I miss Utah and temple square and mom's house and coats. I missed the Christmas devotional... that makes me sad too.
But at least you can laugh at the Craig tampon story. HAHAHA I am so sorry that you hate work. I wish you were here to go to the store with me! I love you!!