Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter Wonderland?

We had our first ice storm last night. I got the day off of school, so we got to sleep in and enjoy a day off together. We went for a walk to the mailbox and took some wintery photos. There was ice everywhere!!

Here are some icicles growing in the lot next to our house.



The grass is my favorite! It looks so neat!



More grass. . .

If you look close you can see the ice all the way up the the lamp post, covering the switch, and on top of the lamp. What crazy weather!

Here was Josh trying to keep warm with our only heat source while the power was out. We had some good foil dinners too! We are glad to be enjoying electricity again, we only lost it for 5 or 6 hours. But guess what the good news is?! No school tomorrow either! 2 free days off this week!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Isn't all the ice crazy! That's awesome that you get another day off work, that is always good news, yay! When are you guys leaving to go home for the holidays? I hope the weather cooperates!

Stacey said...

I can't believe I am missing all this icy craziness! Love the pics! Its so strange. I have never seen anything like that! Yay for days off of school for you! That is always icing on the cake!!

Michelle Johnston said...

hey Joni! I cant get ahold of you on the phone! Just making sure that you are ok! All this ice stuff is new to us this year too, last year we didnt get anything this bad. Talk to you soon.
Michelle

Craig and Janalyn said...

Wow Joni. It loooks like Narnia...random. I really like the grass and the lamp post! I am glad that you didn't have your power off for too long!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Joni, I love that you are a blogger. Ok long story short I was totally blog stocking today at work and some how I found yours. I wish I would have know about this earlier I love it. It looks like you and Josh are having so much fun In KC. You guys look so cute in your Christmas Picture. I miss you and can't wait till you get here for Christmas I talked to Jodi the other day and she was telling me you were coming and We have to get together if only for a few hours. But I love that now I can keep my eye on you through the blogisphier. Call me when you get here.
T
P.S. our blog is jcandtiana.blogspot.com

josh & britt said...

Hey Josh n Joni! We heard you guys had moved to Kansas. Congrats on the house!! Wow, these pictures of the ice are amazing! Looks freezing! Love the Christmas photo of your family. You both look so happy.