Monday, March 17, 2008

Signs of Spring

I am so looking forward to Spring. There have been some definite signs that have been giving me some Spring Fever. First, our tulips are coming up! I planted these last fall and was thrilled when Josh noticed that they were beginning to grow! I will post more pictures as they begin to get taller and more colorful.

Next, we are so excited that it is finally Spring Break! That means it's almost the end of school! I had some bad dreams last night about my seventh graders being bad in my class - so I was so glad when I woke up this morning and didn't have to go face them! I didn't even have to go to track practice because it is raining so hard.
Josh's birthday has come and gone. Here is a picture of Josh's birthday cake. It turned out pretty cute, didn't it? Now I'm all prepared for when I have a little boy - I already have a John Deere dump truck to put on his birthday cake.

6 comments:

Craig and Janalyn said...

YAY!!! I hope you get springtime soon! That will be so fun to see your flowers bloom! So did Josh love his cake? It turned out so great! Good Job!!

Clegg Family said...

I am just so impressed, Joni! Planting tulips and making a birthday cake? Just another reason I need to be more like you!! Happy Spring!

Stacey said...

VERY cute cake!! I will have to remember you are such a great baker!! I love those tulips. Even though they are not full yet, it gives me hope that spring really is coming in Topeka!! Yay!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome cake!

Muir Family said...

I LOVE when the bulbs start coming up in the Spring. It almost is a ray of hope, saying just hang on, it will be nice soon. Cute cake too.

Josh and Nikki said...

Don't know for sure if you'd remember me, but I'm your long lost twin! Nikki Maw! Same birthday, and our husband's have the same name!!!!! Holy cow - we really are twins. I found you through Rachel's blog - hope you don't mind. Hope you're doing good! :)