I made it home safely from my trip to Paris, Kenya, and Tanzania. I had a wonderful time and it was a very amazing vacation. I'm still somewhat jet-lagged, but I am dreading putting a post together to document the whole thing. Therefore, I am going to have to break it into segments...
Part I: Paris
We all finally made it to Paris (after Jamie and Wendi Lyn's flight to Chicago was cancelled the morning we left, I was afraid I was headed on my journey solo, which wouldn't have included me leaving the airport in Paris. Luckily, they were able to get a flight to Dallas, then to Paris, so I met them in France and we still hit the town for a couple of hours.)
Here is the three of us in front of the Eiffel Tower.
I was surprised with how big the tower was.
And amazed with the hugeness (I don't know if that's a word, but it describes how large I thought they were) of the footings.
Me and the tower.
My manly, French armpits with the tower.
My crepe, being cooked.
And now ready to eat.
Me with the Arc de Triumph.
And the sign pointing our way to Notre Dame, where we would have walked if we had time.
We had a fun day in Paris, until Jamie was pickpocketed on the train. It was a bummer to have her camera stolen on the first day of a long trip! This is me speaking, not Jamie, but we were glad that was the worst thing that happened! :)
Next up, Part II: Africa.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Paris
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Joni I am so glad you made it back safe. What a great trip, can't wait for #2. How are your parents? What was your favorite part? Anyone get sick? How did Josh handle while you were out? PS I saw Wendi Lyn's family out to dinner and wondered where she was, now I have put it all together.
Wow, sounds like an exciting adventure. As we were reading this post, Nick was so jealous. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you. P.S. Maybe I should try some french-armpitness... Very funny!
Sounds like a great trip. Paris is a lot like Kansas, right. :)
I'm interested to see the rest of your posts about the trip.
I love your manly, French armpit picture! I'm so glad you guys are home safe and that you had a wonderful time...looking forward to the other updates!
(P.S. Good one about me never being to Africa...rub it in, Joni!)
OHHhh! I love Paris! And seriously, your armpits just helped bring back that whole french experience. That is awesome! Can't wait to see your other pictures too!
That is awesome that you have so many pictures to post. Curses to the black man who took my camera on our last train.
What an awesome trip!!! It looks like you had a ton of fun!!!!
Oh boy! I'm excited to here more! That is so fun that you got to go see your parents on their mission. I hope you guys have an awesome second year. Talk to you soon.
I love your pictures of Paris! I didn't think the tower was that big either-- I guess I am used to the one in Vegas. HAHA When are you going to post about Africa? :) j/k I know you are busy.
Post a Comment