Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daring Diners

When I was in New Zealand, the group I was there with ate at an Indian restaurant. I had never had an experience with real Indian curry before, but since then the chicken curry dish that I ordered has always been at the back of my mind. I have yet to find a good Indian restaurant that has satisfied the curry section of my palate as well as that day back in 2004. That is until today.
Josh and I discovered a little gem of a place in downtown Topeka. It is located just off of Kansas Ave on 10th street. It was there that I had a spicy, delicious chicken curry over rice as part of The Globe's lunch buffet. It was just as I have been looking for. There were some questionable things there, with names that I could not identify and looks that I wouldn't dare touch. But the things that we did try were great. (the aforementioned chicken curry, the nan, and the mango ice cream were among my favorite) We were the only ones in the place with the exception of the owner and his family and one guy who came in to get a take out lunch. We probably won't go back again next week, maybe not even next month, but I'm glad we tried it and it would be worth going again for.
Total damage: $20.00 and Josh's nose started running due to the spicy food.

No comments: