Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Only once in a lifetime...

Yesterday was the only time that I will ever turn 25 on the 25th. It so happens that at my party (at Kauffman Stadium) we went to game 25, and I sat in seat 25. And if you add up the amount of points that the Royals lost by to the number of points that the Tigers scored, it equals 25. Twilight zonish, huh?

Here is how I celebrated my big day:
We started out the day with breakfast burritos on the way to Kansas City. (Thanks Rachel!) We got our free military tickets for the game, then celebrated Memorial Day by going to the World War I National Monument and Museum while we waited for game time. I'm always reverenced when I go to such a place. I was grateful to be there with Josh and Jeff - both of whom have chosen to serve in the military - heroes in our midst. My favorite part of the monument was going up in the tower - 217 feet high on a windy day. I like the feeling of having my stomach in my throat. Who needs Lagoon?

Back at the game, I got birthday cupcakes and a song (everyone even helped to block the wind so my candle could stay lit),

we realized our seats were up higher than we just were in the monument,
we all took advantage of dollar hot dogs, peanuts, and drinks,
and we watched 2 separate girls fall down the stairs. (one of whom shot her shoe down to the very bottom of the upper bowl staircase!) Was it funny? Slightly. Were they drunk? Probably. Was I glad it wasn't me? Absolutely.

Thanks to everyone who thought about me and helped to make it a great birthday!

10 comments:

A. Pearce said...

Very Twilight Zonish. Happy Birthday, again!

Val, Matt, and Madison said...

Happy Birthday Joni! I'm glad you had such a fun day!! We miss you guys!

Josh and Nikki said...

Happy Birthday to us yesterday! I totally didn't celebrate my 25th birthday last year the way you did. What a great idea! Too bad I can't go back in time! Glad your day was great! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joni! Looks like you guys had fun! We were right next door yesterday at the union station, how funny. :)

Stacey said...

Sounds like you had a bit of an eerie birthday! Pretty cool though!! Glad you had such a great day!

Clegg Family said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you got my text yesterday...just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Welcome to the 25 Club.(yeah, not a real club, but it sounded good!)

Tami said...

Ya, that's creepy! Happy Birthday! You're a quarter of a century old now!

Menlove Family said...

Looks like a ball!! Happy Birthday!! You guys HAVE to let us know the next time you come into town :)

John Conley said...

Sadly, I'm closer to 52 than 25. :( Glad you had a patriotic, fun and safe celebration!

The Hyding Place said...

you look so cute on your bday. Hope you had a great day. Sounds like 25 is your new lucky number. How did you get dollar dogs, peanuts and drinks? Wish I could have seen the ladies fall down the stairs. Did Josh trip them?