Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wildlife

Frogs.....check
Toads.....check
Snapping turtles.....check
Other turtles.....check
All sorts of crazy bugs.....check
The heir of Slytherin.....EWW! CHECK!

I can handle the top 5 on my list, but today I found my first snake! I am a snake-hater anyway, but this one appeared from inside my garden (that I was demolishing since I didn't plant anything this year and it needs to be mowed) and totally took me by surprise! GROSS! By the time I called Josh (me: "What do I do?" Him: "Take a picture and email it to me."), got the camera, and got back outside, he had moved and completely changed shape. When I first saw him he was all coiled/bundled up and so you could see that he just went on and on. The following pictures don't do justice, since he is all stretched out and hiding in the long grass (Yes, we have grass and weeds that long. Don't judge me.) Maybe I'll get a better shot when Josh comes home to rescue me.


6 comments:

christy said...

Yikes! Snakes are not our friends. Good luck with that one.

Stacey said...

Oh YUCK! I HATE snakes!! I would have been freaking out! You are brave!!

The Hyding Place said...

I definitely say to run over it with your mower....maybe a couple of times.

Unknown said...

I believe this is "Lampropeltis Getulua Holbrooki" otherwise known as a 'Speckled Kingsnake'
I'm very intelligent see?

Muir Family said...

sick!!!! I hate those things!!!

Craig and Janalyn said...

I can't see him... but I would be across town if I did. you are brave to stand there and take pictures.