Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Josh's family came to celebrate Thanksgiving with us - and we have had a really great week. Genny and I created a beautiful feast, but I have a hard time not cooking Jensen-style (enough to feed an army or two!)

Here are some pictures of the grand feast for 5 adults, 1 child, and 2 dogs (it WAS Thanksgiving)!

After dinner, we invited Annie and Regan to be our entertainment for the night - and it was well worth the price of dessert and two embroidered placemats that we had to pay. We are thankful that we have such good friends that don't mind hanging out with us inspite of my husband!

Josh decided that he wanted to try out his talent at being a tattoo artist - so he practiced his art on his mom's foot. Pretty good for a first-timer, but I'm thankful that Josh has chosen a different career path to support us!



We decided to fight the crowds on Black Friday and spent our day shopping and walking and freezing. We found a new outdoor mall (Legends) that made us almost feel like we were home at The Gateway. It was a good find that I'm sure we'll visit again.




4 comments:

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

We went to Sam's tonight and looked all over for you guys. Where were ya? Oh yeah...and we are pretty certain that a Sharpie doesn't count as embroidery.

Craig and Janalyn said...

Joni what cute couple pictures! I miss you guys! And your dinner looks so good! I wish I could have come to thanksgiving at your house!!

Michelle Johnston said...

Hey, when you go to Legends again, let me know! I still havent made it there, (sad, I know) but I've heard its a must, so I'm ready whenever....just say the word.:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Joni! Those are super cute pics of you and Josh. Way to be brave and go out doors on "Black Friday", people can get feisty. But it's fun to join in on the absolute chaos! So where is this Legends mall everyone keeps talking about (KC)? Oh and by the way... cute blog!!!