I'm so glad it's a weekend! I'm even more glad that there are only two days of school next week. It has been an interesting week at school since I discovered I am teaching a thief. I went to use my cell phone the other day and realized that my battery had been stolen out of it. I didn't have any more classes that day, but I went to the other classrooms and asked the kids to keep their eyes and ears open for a battery floating around. The third classroom I went to, there were about 6 hands that shot up and all the kids said, "Talk to Cody!" So, I talked to Cody. He wouldn't admit anything to me, so the principal talked to Cody. He wouldn't admit anything to the principal, so his mom came in. He wouldn't admit anything to his mom, so I still don't have a battery. I couldn't understand why someone would just steal a battery out of a phone until I went to buy a new one last night and couldn't find one anywhere! My 4-month old phone is outdated and they don't carry those batteries anymore. Josh bought one from ebay for me - so I'll be back in business next week. Darn seventh graders. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I decided to teach middle school!
I haven't seen much of Josh lately - finals are rapidly creeping up on him, so he has been doing a lot of studying and attending lots of study groups. He is doing so well in school so far and I am really proud of him. I don't think he feels as confident in his abilities as I do, but if you ask me, he's doing just fine.
Only 4 more days until we will have family here for Thanksgiving! Hooray!



No comments:
Post a Comment