Saturday, April 19, 2008

Let's go fly a kite!

I have memories of trying to fly kites as a child. I don't, however, remember very many successful occasions of actually flying kites. Somebody would have to hang onto the actual kite, run, and throw the kite trying to get it to catch wind. A month or two ago, at Dillon's (the grocery store), there was a stand of kites and I thought, "It's really windy here, I bet the kite-flying is great!" So, I talked Josh into letting me buy a kite. Little Nemo sat for a while, as I was waiting for the perfect windy day to let him swim in an ocean of blue skies. Well, the perfect windy day arrived last Tuesday, so here are some photos of our kite-flying adventure.



Tilly was actually a great kite-flyer. Josh hooked the string around her collar and she took off running. The kite stayed up for a good, long time too.

Come see us! Bring your kites!

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! I love to fly kites. Now I am going to have to get one! I can't believe how good Tilly did flying the kite. What a pro!

Craig and Janalyn said...

That looks so fun! Noah and Rockwell have been flying kites too! I love the video of Tilly! You have cute kids... I miss them!

Jerilyn said...

Do your dogs freak out watching the kite in the air? Maybe it's because I have bird dogs, but Moose freaks out when he sees the kite. And then he pounces on it when it does a nose-dive on the ground. He shredded BJ's $1.50 kite last year. We haven't attempted the kite flying this year.

J.C. & Tiana said...

That looks like so much fun were going to have to try that some time if we can find some wind in Utah.

The Hyding Place said...

Tilly should be on the end of Mary Poppins...except I think she might get tangled with all of the other kites in such close quarters. Andrew has been asking me for a kite, so we may have to go to the dollar store.

Clegg Family said...

So cute, Joni! We tried to fly a kite last weekend...let's just say it didn't go over too well! I think your dogs do a much better job at flying kites than we did! :)

Michelle Johnston said...

Awesome! We flew kites on Saturday too:) I loved the dog idea. Smart thinkers you are! We miss you in the ward. Can you please beg the branch for us to have you back? Talk to you soon.

Justin said...

When I was a kid and went to Kansas to visit my grandparents we always flew kites. You are right...great wind in Kansas for kite flying!

Margaret said...

I love flying kites! One of my favorite things to do on a warm windy day!