Fact:
I found a tick on me yesterday morning.
Fact:
It was on my side/my boob, aka: my side boob.
Myth:
You should put petroleum jelly or fingernail polish on a tick. Or you should smoke it out with a match.
Fact:
If you smother a tick, it can release infectious fluid into the bite wound.
Fact:
We didn't know this until later, so we put fingernail polish on it, then tried to smoke it out. Double the infectious fluid!
Myth:
We took a picture of the tick with Josh's camera phone.
Fact:
He went with the missionaries last night.
Fact:
He told them I got a tick. He also told them it was on my boob. ("Only because they asked," he said.)
Fact:
He told them we posted a picture of it on our blog. He told them he was kidding.
Fact:
Then he asked if they wanted to see the picture that he took with his camera phone.
Fact:
We never took any pictures.
Fact:
I feel completely violated by the little bug.
See http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020815/643.html for questions and studies regarding tick bites and removal.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Tick Awareness
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is hilarious. I am sorry that you have been violated though.
Very clever post. I enjoyed the facts and myths. I would have used petroleum jelly. Good to know I shouldn't do that. Fact: I am disappointed there was no picture. Fact: I would not want to see a picture of a tick on Josh. Fact: I am wondering how you got a tick on your side boob. Myth: Joni doesn't wear clothes when she does yardwork. Fact: Jamie is funny.
Fact: Dad thinks his girls are funny. He laughed at Jer yesterday, Joni and Jamie tonight. Fact: We are easily entertained. Joni, I know how you feel. I had a tick on my butt. Completely violated. Dad laughed at me then, too. So, how do you get a tick out safely? One of the Elders had a couple of ticks on our couples conference. Joni, are you infected?
Mark told me that a man came in and thought he had a cancer on his scrotum....turns out it was a tick that had been there for quite some time. The old man admitted to doing yardwork in only his boxers.
HAHAHAHAHA Joni. Sorry you got a tick. I was horrified for you. Funny post though.
Jamie,
HA HA
Love, Dad.
Mom, I didn't know you had a tick on your butt. How did you find it?
Fact: They taught us WRONG about ticks at girls camp.
So, are these intrusive ticks on your dogs too? I hear its a bad year for ticks, and I'm wondering if you can prevent getting ticks? I bet it was lovely to see the missionaries the next time....
Please come over some time this summer. I need to get my guitar out! We could have a narly jam session....on our acoustic guitars:)
Post a Comment