We have really good dogs. They are so sweet, they are obedient, they don't bark unless they feel threatened, and they usually just want to lay around and cuddle each other. I finished a great book last night, "Mafia to Mormon". It is about a man who was literally in the mafia, but left - risking his life - to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was telling Josh about how good it was last night, then I left it on the coffee table for him to read sometime. I got home from school today and realized that they took the recommendation of a 'good book' too literally. Yes, this was another one of Josh's grandma's books that she lent me. I promise I don't smother things that I borrow in peanut butter and hand them to the dogs. For some reason, they just really love those books that are drenched in Boomer/eggs and gravy/meat loaf smells that come from Grandma Mikkelsen's house. This book was still somewhat intact, and wasn't nearly as destroyed as the last book. But to be fair to Abe and Tilly's demolition skills, it was not nearly the size of the last book either.
p.s. They have never chewed up one of my personal books - and I have hundreds. p.s.s. Sorry Grandma, I will put the next book that I read on the top shelf. :)
Friday, March 6, 2009
The Empire Strikes Back
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Shoot Joni, that sucks but alas I have a plan. You need to go to the dollar store and buy them a few of their own novels (you know the ones that are so cheesey that there saleing them at the dollar store). I think it's cute that they are trying to read up on the things their mom likes.
I bet if I had books that you borrowed, your dogs would want to eat my books too.
Post a Comment