So have you ever had a smell on your clothes that you wish wasn't there? Particularly the food smell that lingers in your clothes and you are stuck with for the rest of the day? Well, I noticed on the way to church yesterday that I had the unwanted stench of roast beef. I love my roast beef. More than many things, in fact. But I didn't want to smell like it for the rest of the day. Even worse, I noticed after I was already on my way (and for those of you that know, I live way too far away from church to just turn around) that I hadn't spritzed any smell-good on me. So my scent for the day: roast beef. Just roast beef. Not Japanese Beef Blossom, not Roast Vanilla Sugar. Just beef. Maybe some onions.
My solution: The scented trees that are so delicious to the nose and just dangling a dare in front of my eyes. A little rub of the tree here and there and wahlah!(I've never written that word before. Interesting.) No more roast beef scent. I smelled like coconut and peachy peach. Wonderful.
My suggestion: If you ever leave the house and have no other choice of a stale-stinky-clothes-scent-changer, if you rely on your little hanging trees, rub them only on your skin. Or maybe on your dark clothes. Certainly don't rub them on a white shirt. It will turn orange (peachy peach or coconut) or yellow (vanilla) or green (pine), etc. You get it. I would do it again though. Even on my white shirt - there's nothing quite as bad as smelling like your cooking dinner.
Monday, October 19, 2009
lesson learned
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I full heartedly agree. I cannot stand smelling like food. I must say you are quite ingenious! I don't know if it would have occurred to me to use a smelly tree rub. Kudos to you for no longer smelling like beef!! Can't wait to see your costume!
It's a scene from Tommy Boy. LOL. Thanks for telling me about the discoloration that may occur. Right now, the game is 4-3 ... I hope they keep it that way. Also, thanks for the condolences, I kept thinking about what you and Josh were thinking while watching. Go Dodgers!
you are a nerd.
you are too funny! i can't say that i have ever done this before...but maybe someday...but the problem is i don't buy the trees i get another kind of smelly goodness! i better have some under the seat just in case of such a situation...haa haa.
Joni,
When does Josh graduate? I'm in the process of applying for law schools right now and am looking at Washburn. Do you guys like it? Are you planning on staying there after graduation? Let me know.
sgoaslind@gmail.com
Thanks,
Steve
Post a Comment