Sunday, October 11, 2009

Spontaneous

I got a little taste of some of the joy that I'm going to experience as a mother this weekend. I watched the cutest big little boy singing and dancing around the house because he just bought playoff Dodger tickets. He woke up the next morning and reminded me that we were going to the Dodger game. For two days, Josh had a perma-grin and his eyes just sparkled with anticipation.



We woke up on Saturday and started our trek to St. Louis with our Dodger gear in tow. We found out the the drive to St. Lou isn't that far away...only about 4 hours from here. Once we got there, we found our hotel without too much trouble and got checked in after only receiving a little grief for the logos we were sporting.





An old favorite of mine was calling my name for dinner, so we walked to the Spaghetti Factory to enjoy some salad with creamy pesto dressing, bread with garlic butter, pasta of choice, and some spumoni to top it off. I even got a high five with a "Good luck Dodgers, I'm a Cubs fan!" on my way to the bathroom.




We walked through River Front Park (one of my favorite things about St. Louis is that all of the tourist attractions are centrally located - so we just parked our car safely in the hotel garage and walked our little selves around town), took some pictures of the arch, and made our way to Busch Stadium for the game.




We realized when we got there, that we were two small blue fish swimming in a big RED sea! There were not many of our kind there, we were definitely the minority. We only got a few "Boos!" and "Dodgers suck!" on the way to our seats, where we were happy to find out that we were on a row of mostly blue! There were a few Cardinals fans mixed into Section 132, row 29...but most of us were very happy with the game and most certainly the final outcome! I was glad that they won the series last night so I didn't have to talk Josh into remaining strong and not attending game 4 today.







After the game, we enjoyed a night in the big city. Josh had a 'romantic' evening in the hot tub with 4 rowdy little kids staying at the hotel and my pregnant feet. Then we found out that pizza places in St. Louis make delicious pizza and strawberry cheesecake and deliver until 3 in the morning (11 would have been late enough, but it was good news still)!
We attended an awesome testimony meeting today at a small, diverse ward. Then made our trek back home. We had a great trip and will be excited to go back to St. Louis someday.

13 comments:

Ina & co. said...

I love St. Louis! So glad you had a great time! (and that the Dodger's won... :)

A. Pearce said...

Yay! We scanned the crowd while we watched the game, but alas, we did not see you floating in the red sea. I'm glad you had the courage to show your true colors at the stadium. Go Dodgers!

Stacey said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I think Mike was jealous you guys were going to the game!! Glad they won too, it makes it even more worth it!

Kristin said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!

Annie Duckworth said...

Sounds like fun guys. I am especially jealous of the romantic evening in the hot tub.

The Hyding Place said...

haha. Loved your post. Very amusing. So glad you guys went and had a fun and safe trip. You made me want to go to the Spaghetti Factory though. Yum! I'll put it on my list of things to do before I have the baby in 2 1/2 weeks.

J.C. & Tiana said...

That sounds like so much fun. Something totally up my alley. I love little getaways like that.
So were not going home for Thanksgiving but we are for Christmas... when are you guys going home. I hope we go at the same time so we can meet up.

Ken and Ireta said...

Fun pictures!
Glad you had a good trip!
Go Dodgers!!!

John Conley said...

Great Trip! Love it! Josh knows how I feel about the Dodgers, though, so I'll leave it at that. Webby got hurt this year just to give the Dodgers an extra chance. HAHA. Glad someone's team had a winning season.

Craig and Janalyn said...

YAY!! What a fun trip! Glad you had such a fun time, and I laughed about Josh's romantic evening in the hot tup with 4 kids and your feet! HAHAHA So cute. Keep us posted with an occasional belly shot, I am sure you aren't even showing yet, so maybe when you are 7 months...? Anyway, love ya!

Jamie said...

Hey guys! We had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations!!

allison wright said...

lucky, cody and i dream about going to a mlb game let alone a playoff (dogders) game! i loved this post and i am with your sisters very funny.

Josalyn said...

Sounds like soo much fun! Especially the food. lol.