Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow days

These photos are actually from a couple of weeks ago, but if I were to take some new ones today, you would see the snow is about at Josh's hip, instead of his knee. It just hasn't stopped snowing here. There will be a couple of nice days, then more snow! This week the wind chill has been upwards of -30! The high today is something like 0 degrees, so there is clearly no time for any of the snow to melt.
The wind has been blowing the snow and we've gotten some crazy-looking snow drifts...usually blocking our driveway.



I've never seen snow like this in Kansas before...and I've never had free days off of school like this before either!

4 comments:

The Hyding Place said...

I heard Josh got stuck in the snow and you got frost bite. Hopefully you don't have to have anything amputated. Oh, and CONGRATS to Josh. That is awesome...bad for us though, because you probably won't be back here and we will never get to exchange dinners. Congrats to you on another day off school.

Annie Duckworth said...

I can't imagine the roads there. They were crazy when there was a 'chance' of snow let along having the real thing!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Holy Crap I'm glad we don't live in Kansas right now. I'm already sick of the cold and were only about half way through the winter. I hope you guys had a good Christmas. I miss you!

J.C. & Tiana said...

P.S. they canceled schools today here for probably about an inch and a half of snow. How come in Utah we never got that lucky.