Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Benson!

Our sweet Benny turned two yesterday.  He had a wonderful day filled with church, naps, presents, friends, and cake! 
 He got some really great toys - he just keeps going back to them.  They are Magformers, for anyone looking for a great (but slightly pricey) gift for any child.
 He wanted an Indiana Jones cake.  I didn't give myself quite enough time to produce anything very wonderful, but here it is.  And it's chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, so everyone I live with likes it.
 Happy boy!



 It has been really hot, so we haven't been wearing many clothes around here.  Well, the little ones haven't.
Benson is such a joy!  He is definitely a blessing from Heaven. He is so happy, funny, inquisitive, helpful, sharing, and fun.  At the same time, he sure is a stubborn and ornery little thing.  Right now he enjoys anything that you can build (blocks, magnets, potato head, puzzles), trains, cars, books, shoes, and climbing.  I can't keep up with his messy face, or his busy hands.  His favorite food is Gogurt and Danish butter cookies.  He is a good eater though and will eat most anything.  Benson loves his big brother, but only if it's his idea.  He talks really well and has mastered the phrases, "Leave me alone!" and "My can do it!"
He knows lots of songs, including I Love to See the Temple, I am a Child of God, You are my Sunshine, Old McDonald, the Star Wars and Indiana Jones theme songs, and anything from Frozen.  If you haven't had a chance to get to hang out with Benny recently, you need to come for a visit.  He is fabulous and is some good company!

No comments: