Saturday, July 5, 2014

My first paying customer

I made some cakes today for a little 5 year old's birthday party.  He invites his whole German kindergarten and their families, so they needed cake for at least 50 people.  It was a lot of work, but I successfully completed another R2D2 and my first fondant cake, complete with a fondant Yoda.  
Here they are in the car, almost ready for a 45 minute drive. 
 They arrived safely, with nothing completely squished or broken.  This one is French Vanilla cake, with a vanilla custard filling.
 R2 is yellow cake with a mixed berry custard filling.  He is large...it took my four batches each baked in a 9x13 to get this little droid ready.  And you don't want to know how much butter and powdered sugar!


I think they turned out pretty good, and I'm already booked to do a cake in February and another in March.

3 comments:

Ken and Ireta said...

So cute! We are going to have another "cake dame" lady! Good work, and they sound delicious!

Unknown said...

So cute, love them. Don't forget you have Benny's this month....
Love you

Charlee K said...

So CUTE! I love it.