Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Jordan's paragliding adventure

It had been a really cloudy, rainy, and somewhat dreary week.  Jordan reserved a spot to go paragliding with high hopes that the weather would clear up and they would be cleared to fly.  Well, we woke up to the most beautiful morning.  For the first time that week, we were able to see the Zugspitze, Germany's highest peak.  

 Two other adventurers had just landed, and the pilots were getting their parachutes all packed back up.
 Jordan and his mountain.

 Hiking up to the ski lift.
 All ready to go!
 Headed up the lift.


 Just waiting around for Jordan to fly down the mountain.


 Our first sighting.  I wasn't sure which one was Jordan, so I just took lots of pictures of both of them.  I think most of these are him.







 At one point, they started spinning and spinning.  I thought for sure they were going to crash, but it turns out, the pilot asked Jordan if he likes tight curves.  Then they went for a wild ride.











 Coming in for a smooth landing.



 Safely on the ground!
 Good job, Jordan! I'm glad you didn't die.

1 comment:

Ken and Ireta said...

That is so neat! What a cool experience.
So that is what that mountain looks like! All we saw were clouds when we were near there!