Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dirty dogs. . .


First is a picture taken while driving up State Street in Salt Lake. We decided it looked really neat with the buildings on both sides of the street with the newly renovated Capitol Building on the hill. What a beautiful city.
Next, is obviously Abe's dirty bath water. He was so muddy and gross, so we took care of that. (the picture was taken after only the first round of water. It took 3 rounds to get it to run kind-of clean) The worst part is, he was so hairy too, so I tried to take care of that as well. Well, the clippers weren't cooperating last night, so we got halfway done with his haircut. I love my dog too much to post a picture of what he is looking like right now. . . half-shaved. He would be really embarrassed if he knew that someone besides Josh or me was looking at him!
Since the new year has come and gone and we never posted (or made!) any New Year's resolutions, I think we will at least make a top ten list to honor the past year. So here you are:
Mikkelsen Top Ten for 2007: (in no particular order)
1. Having such a wonderful marriage - we are so perfect for each other and couldn't be happier.
2. Live Free or Die Hard
3. Our new home - we love it.
4. Our ward - Kaw Valley Rocks!
5. Getting accepted into Law School
6. Officially adopting Tilly into our family
7. Josh receiving a commission as an officer in the Army
8. Josh graduating from the U
9. Jazz going to the Western Conf. Finals
10. Running the Wasatch Back
Mikkelsen Bottom Five for 2007: (we are mostly optimistic)
1. Josh being gone all summer to commission as an officer
2. The mud at our house! It's everywhere!
3. Abe getting sick
4. Finding out Dumbledore is gay - what the?
5. Leaving friends and family in Utah
There ya go. We hope that everyone is having a great new year so far!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Love the Top lists! We always make those too. Its an easier way to celebrate the year than new resolutions!! hehe We will definitely have to reschedule...you let us know what works for you! Glad you made it back safely!

Margaret said...

Hi, Glad you found us in the blog world. I heard y'all moved to Kansas. You sound very happy there. We love Germany but sure miss the States. I try and post everyday once the girls go to sleep. It will be great to get to know you better through blogging. Say Hello to Josh for us and May many more blessings come your way in 2008!

P.S That is awesome your mom and dad are serving in Africa! I always wanted to go there for my mission but I guess North Carolina was close enough. They are opening some military bases there soon so maybe one day we will be able to serve there but on a different kind of mission!

Craig and Janalyn said...

Dumbledore is GAY?? Where have I been?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing as Jan. :) Glad you made it back safe and great lists...I hope Josh doesn't have to go for long ever again. ~Alli

Josh n' Joni said...

ha! Yes, JK Rowling was at a press conference or something and someone asked if Dumbledore had ever been in love. Well, she said that he had, but it was to one of the other men in the book - I don't remember who at the moment. Lame. The worst part is, he's not even alive to defend himself! (I guess he's not real to defend himself either!)