Sunday, April 5, 2009

With a little work...

Old shirts can be a new quilt!


This is the first quilt I've ever made. In fact, it's the first substanstial thing I've ever sewn (don't look too close, you can tell!). And I did it without even a little bit of help from my mom.
I can't decide if my next one should be my t-shirts or jeans. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

christy said...

Way to go! I'm impressed. That takes a lot of work.

Muir Family said...

We have a "Martha" in our midst. Way to go Jonie!! I think you should do one of both...keep yourself warm until spring finally gets here.

Annie Duckworth said...

Great job Joni. It really looks pro!
I even clicked to enlarge and it looked great.

Ina & co. said...

Great job!!! Jean quilt... They're great to use outside (like for picnics) or baseball games... :)

Ken and Ireta said...

That's what happens when you get old. No one even needs your help any more. You become kind of useless! I can just sit back and smile and say, "that's my girl!"

Stacey said...

That is such a cute quilt! Great job!! I agree with the others, the jean quilts are fun to take for picnics or sporting events. You better best pictures if you make another one!! ;)

The Hyding Place said...

Don't do a jean quilt. Give your jeans to me. good job on the t-shirt quilt. I won't tell anyone that you called me several times instead of mom. I didn't help much though.

Michelle Johnston said...

Nice work Joni! Rag doll quilts are kinda fun, and they are easy. I dont know how they would do from t-shirts, but you could give it a go! Good luck!

Clegg Family said...

You are amazing, Joni! One day I would love to be talented like you and do a quilt with Dan's old soccer jerseys...one day!