Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rushed

Although we were only in Utah for a weekend, and although we didn't have time to do everything we wanted to, we were still able to do many great things. For example, we bought a car. . . .

Stopped for lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. . .

Posed with the beautiful scenery. . .
And still made it to the airport on time.

This is a picture of our legs, completely stretched out. . . on the airplane! I know that seems impossible, especially since we both have long legs, right? Here's how it happened: We didn't get any of our seats assigned next to each other (which is a new pet peeve of mine. . . we may as well fly Southwest if we want lousy seats). So, we requested seats by each other each time we changed flights (4 times total: Kansas, Denver, Salt Lake, Denver). Well, in Kansas they got us on the same row, then we switched the guy that was sitting between us. In Denver they got us seats next to one another. In Salt Lake, they tried, but it was a completely full flight - so we were content not sitting together. It turns out, the guy next to me asked, since I was travelling alone, if I would switch seats with his girlfriend so they could sit together. On my way up to her seat, I passed Josh and told him where I was going. He asked the kid next to him if he would sit in the guy's girlfriend's seat, so he did and we sat together. On his way up, (obviously moving up the down-staircase since people were still boarding the flight) the flight attendant was so rude to him and asked him where his seat was. When he told her it was row 11 and we were about 18, she said, "Here at Frontier, we number the rows beginning with one. If you are on row 11, then you should be clear up there!" She was such a snot and was so vocal about the poor kid, who was doing us (and the girl in my seat) a big favor. Beth. What a jerk. Anyway, we got to sit together on that flight too. Finally, on our last flight from Denver to Kansas, we weren't together once again. We requested seats together and the lady at the counter was the best!! She got us seats in the business class which had SO much extra leg room. I was literally stretching my legs as far as they would go and I couldn't even kick my purse under the seat in front of me. We had a nice stretchy ride home, which as you can imagine, is practically impossible for Josh, being as tall as he is. So, we decided it was monumental enough to take a picture of. So we love United. Especially because they give you a whole can of soda. None of this one little cup that is mostly ice stuff. Whew - I'm going to go rest my hands after such a short story that I made so long!

2 comments:

Laura Dunaway said...

Flying has become such a hassle, I hate it. I love seeing the UT scenery, I miss it. I'm glad you were able to go home for the weekend. Good luck to your parents!

Anonymous said...

Hey cute girl, I didn't even know you guys went out of town! That's super neat that you were able to fly home to say goodbye to your parents!!! You have a cute family. We need to hang out again, soon. :)