A couple of months ago when I got my garden planted, I sent an instant message to my parents letting them in on the good news. I told them, "It's official - I'm a gardener." My dad, however, busted my bubble by saying, "You're not a gardener until you get a harvest."
I've spent the past couple months watering, weeding, replanting things that got blown away in storms, etc. But now it's official - I'm a gardener. I harvested one sugar-snap pea pod from my garden. I took a bite of half of it (I love raw peas from the garden) and I offered the rest to Josh. He ate it and decided it tasted like grass. Delicious! 
There it is: my one picked pea! 
We've also got peppers...

corn...
pumpkins, cantaloupe, and beans (not pictured). We may have watermelon, but I'm not sure if what's growing is an actual watermelon plant or a weed. I'm leaving it there to see if any watermelons show up!
While I worked in the garden, the dogs shared their frisbee and Josh was the official photographer. 
Monday, July 7, 2008
I'm a gardener!
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
That is funny that dad said that....and even funnier that you are a gardener because you got one sugar snap pea. Good job, Joni. You should have saved it for food storage.
I absolutely love that picture of you holding up your "one picked pea!" That is a classic...and I'm so impressed!
Congratulations! I tried to do some strawberries, but I planted them where they get too hot! I love fresh peas too! My parents grow them every year!
I'm so jealous of your garden! Yum-o! Your yard looks so big and your garden has so much in it! Good luck with the rest of the gardening!
Joni, your Father is so proud of you! You are a gardener!!! Isn't it fun to harvest from your garden, even if it is only one sugar snap pea. Think how good your garden will be next year after all of your acquired knowledge and experience in gardening. Good Job!!
Way to go Joni! Everything looks so good. It will be so much fun when you cook some of that stuff up.
Way to go. I always hate the weeding part.
Joni, you aren't a gardener, you are a freakin FARMER!! Way to go! You are tan and beautiful too. I laughed when Josh said the pea tastes like grass. HAHAHA Not a farmer. Just wait till you get to have lots of peas! You can pick them and shell them while you watch The Price is Right!!
Post a Comment