Monday, June 22, 2009

Heal the world


Recycling.
Who does it and what tips do you have? I want to start recycling more (all we do now is some paper, grocery sacks, and pop cans) but I am kind of at a loss of where to start. We don't have a city recycling program, so I can't just put it in a can at the end of the driveway. I am willing to do drop offs, but I would like to set up an easy to follow, functional plan so this isn't just going to be a passing whim.
If you have any ideas, I need them!

5 comments:

Josh and Megan said...

No recycling tips here! We do recycle, but just the obvious things! Anyway, I just wanted to comment on what a good blogger you've been lately! I LOVE it! Looks like you're really enjoying your summer and staying busy! How do you stay so motivated? Are you ever lazy? Do you ever sleep in and watch tv all day...probably not! (ummm...I don't either...)

christy said...

We recycle all those same things-plastic, metal and glass and I want to start doing all those cardboard boxes from food, too. My great neighbor, Stacey, that we share a garden with got a composter this year from Sam's Club so now we through away a lot less food trash, too. By the way, we take all of our recycling to a drop-off place, too. I'm sad we don't have the curb option, either. I try to take ours weekly, or when the plastic bin is full. Good luck!

Jerilyn said...

I have 2 garbage cans in the kitchen, one for recycling, and one for regular garbage. That way, it's easy enough to walk over to the recycling can when you want to recycle. When Janalyn was in Portland, she had 3 or 4 cans in her kitchen, one for glass, one for plastic, etc. I think that would be an easy approach to start with. P.S. Thanks to you, I'll have Michael Jackson in my head all day long. "There's a place in your heart and you know that it is luh-uhve..."

Charee B Mcclellan said...

i have the same thing as jerilyn...two cans..so much easier...so much easier. otherwise i think that i am too lazy to bring it somewhere else. good luck!

Kim said...

We started recycling cardboard, glass, plactic (1&2), and metal about a year and a half ago and it's easy. We just have a box for each type of item in our garage, and when they fill up we dump them at Walmart or Hyvee. I actually heard of a recycling service here, but you have to pay extra for it. Anyway, good luck. I think it's worth it.