
Kansas IS the sunflower state! 
Tuesday is garbage day here at the Mikkelsen house. I went out to gather some things that needed throwing away yesterday (like my obviously dead hanging plants). I chucked one of them and went to grab the other one and a bird flew out of it. I thought, "That's strange." When I actually pulled it down, this is what I saw.
So I hung it back up. If you come visit don't judge my 'green thumb' skills on my dead hanging plant! I opted for the dead plant and living birds instead of a thrown away dead plant and dead birds!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Look what's growing!
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
11:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
WOW!! A little nest!! I hope the mommy bird comes back. Way cute blog by the way.. I love it! and if you run out of room to put all of your yard garbage, Casper's might have room. HAHAHA
the sunflowers are beautiful and a little dead plants here and there happens! Ryan told me I couldn't plant anymore if I killed the majority, but so far so good! Good luck with the birdies!
haha to Jan for her comment about Casper's garbage can. Cute blog, Joni. You guys inspired me to change mine and it was so so easy! Yeah! Love that your hanging plants are dead even though you had to have them. Love even more that you have a tender heart and kept an eyesore just for the birds. lol
One more thing.....is that top picture of a sunflower from your yard or did you find that picture online? :)
Now I have to know about the Casper's garbage. Joni you are practically perfect. Cody is the only one that can keep things alive here.
Some things just don't change. I mean the Casper's yard! Your sunflowers are so cute. Too bad about the dead hanging plants. We all know that those things happen. I sure hope that you become a grandmother to the baby birds. Keep us posted!
Joni, it was so good to hear from you! Nick was glad that you commented also! It has been so long since both of us have seen you! I can't believe you live in Kansas! That's crazy! I love your blog! It's so cute and so fun to read about your life!
You made the right choice keeping the dead plant. Good Job! :) Please post pictures off the chicks when the eggs hatch. Baby birds are the cutest!
Post a Comment