Monday, June 16, 2008

and the winner is. . . .

Believe it or not, I'm going to stay at the middle school to teach 7th grade math. Don't ask me why. I never thought I would turn down 2 elementary teaching positions to teach middle school (one last summer and then this 4th grade job) but I did. Josh and I decided this would be the best decision for us at the time. I had a bugger of a time learning to enjoy the school and teachers and curriculum, but now that I've got the hang of it, I'm going to stick around for another year. I feel good about the decision, and when my principal found out, he was thrilled. Honestly, he called me just to tell me how happy he was that I decided to stay. (I just turned the other principal down and he passed the news on.) He told me that he stressed about me leaving the whole weekend and he was sure that I would take the other job. I told him I was sure I would too, but for some reason I didn't. It was the hardest decision I've had to make in a while, but like Josh told me yesterday, we are fortunate that we had a decision like that to make. . . choosing between two good jobs. I will let you know when my regret sets in. . .
Also, for your information, Josh got a tick just under his eye at the Elder's Quorum Campout last weekend. He didn't feel nearly as violated as I did when I got one, but I don't think it was his favorite thing ever either.
Countdown to California: 2 days!!!

5 comments:

The Hyding Place said...

Gotta go with your gut... good for you, joner.

Craig and Janalyn said...

Glad you were able to make a decision. I hope that this coming year will be fun and you will enjoy it a lot more!

Muir Family said...

I agree--it may not make sense, but going with your gut is the best thing to do. You'll do great!!

Jerilyn said...

Good job Jo. Doesn't it feel soooo good to not have to worry about that decision anymore?!? You just proved that math teachers are not ugly or mean. :)

J.C. & Tiana said...

Joni you are a brave soul. I just think of ty a few short years ago and I feel for you. You really were made to be a teacher if you can handle a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds.