2 reasons for my title:
1) I have begun playing my guitar this summer. I got it for Christmas and haven't had much time to get too into playing it. (not to mention the fact that I don't know how and I need ample time for web-based instruction.) Despite my sore fingers, I have successfully learned 2 songs: a) I'm leaving on a jet plane (I know the actual chords) AND b) Edelweiss (I made up the chords by playing by ear). Doesn't seem like a very big deal, does it? Well it is. I will continue to list more songs as I learn them. If there are any suggestions or requests, let me know as well.
2) At the end of the summer I am leaving on a jet plane to go visit my parents in AFRICA! I got my vaccinations this week and am slowly completing all of the necessary steps that need to be completed before such a trip. I'll be going with my sisters Jamie and WendiLyn - and it should be a great time. We obviously have some layovers (as trips of such magnitude usually do) so we scheduled a particularly long layover in Paris so we could spend some time there too.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
I'm leaving on a jet plane. . .
Posted by
Josh n' Joni
at
7:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
YEAH!!!!! I am so excited. We will have so much fun! It still doesn't seem real except for the soreness in my arms from my four vaccinations....and I still need three more! I got my passport photos taken so that I can get my visa..hopefully I can get that sent next week. How is your French coming along? Non, merci.
Nice. I'm picturing the Indiana Jones red line going across the Atlantic ocean stopping in Paris then moving on down to Africa. You'll have some good stories no doubt. I hear the food in Paris is slightly better in Paris than in Africa so you may want to tank up!
So much fun! You will have so much fun in Africa as long as there isn't too much driving involved. Pretty sure that 'Leaving On A Jet Plane' is one of the first and last songs that I learned as well. We could totally rock out together.
I am so impressed. I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar. :) Your trip sounds amazing. I can't wait to see all the pics.
The trip sounds like so much fun, and with your sisters--even more fun!! Enjoy!! I'll pass on the frog, but the picture is great.
I always thought that I was going to go Africa for my mission but I ended up going to North Carolina instead which was close enough. Dustin had heard that there are going to be Airforce bases opening up in the Central part of Africa and so we hope to some day get station there. Thats an exciting trip to take!
OH! yeah I will most likely see you before then because we are going to
be in Utah for the 24th of July.
So if your there we will be there too.
Dustin is getting deployed for 6 months so I will stay in Utah with family during that time.
It's great getting to know you better through blog.
We are so glad to hear two things. 1- you are learning to play the guitar. That is so good.
2- You are coming to Africa!! Even better.
The advice to tank up on food in Paris is well founded. You might even want to bring us some. But guaranteed, it will be a great experience and a fun time. See you soon!!!
Wish I could go.
Money is low.
Kids are too many.
Daycare-Aint any.
Craig is too busy.
Soda is fizzy.
xoxox
I know you will have so much fun!
I'm so jealous of you. I have always wanted to go to Africa your so lucky your parents went to such a sweet vacation destination. Your going to have a blast and let me know when you come back maybe you could spend a day in NY with me!!!
That is awesome about Africa! You are such a world traveler! How did the visit with Mark go? We'll have to talk soon! Summer rocks!
Post a Comment