Friday, June 6, 2008

D*Day

Since it's June 6 today, the 64th anniversary of D-day, Josh and I decided to take one for the team and spend our day remembering those who fought for our country back in WWII. To celebrate this day, we have had a Band of Brothers marathon. For those of you that aren't familiar with Band of Brothers, it is an HBO mini-series that is about the 101st airborne unit, otherwise known as Easy Company. It is a great movie, that follows the book by historian and biographer Stephen Ambrose. If you appreciate a good war movie, and you have 10 hours to spend watching it, I would highly recommend Band of Brothers. (It is, however, a war movie and is quite detailed in its account of certain events in the European Theatre of Operation. Therefore, I wouldn't watch it with children or the easily offended due to the violence and language.) It has helped me to appreciate the many heroes that have served our country, particularly during World War II.

2 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

I love that movie! Alan and I had one of those weekends our first year together...You guys are hardcore though, I'm sure we didn't get it done all in one day!:)

Craig and Janalyn said...

I can't even watch Wedding Singer at my house. My little kids pick up on EVERY word. But I will remember that show for when I have a weekend alone again.