Saturday, June 7, 2008

Frog soup, anyone?


See this little guy? Well, he's actually a pretty big little guy. I spent a fair amount of time mowing the lawn, weeding the gardens, and just generally working outside this week. This particular frog (or is he a toad? I don't really know the difference.) lives in our front yard, near our flower garden. He has a special talent for jumping at the exact moment that I will notice him and get really freaked out. I'm not scared of frogs (or toads) but I do get a bit jumpy when something fairly large jumps relatively close to where I am, thus putting me in a state of frog (or toad) awareness. If it happens once, shame on him. If it happens twice, shame on me, right? Well after he would jump and scare me, I would be on the lookout. I wouldn't want to be close to him and not know it - or that would be putting me in a vulnerable position. But he has a natural talent for camouflage as well. In fact, he blends into lots of different backgrounds so well that I can't hardly see him unless he is jumping.
If you are looking for a pet, (or dinner, or some skin to make some leather) we've got a plethura of frogs (or toads). He's not the only one - so it wouldn't be like you would be stealing my pet if you were interested. In fact, they are everywhere up here - but be careful, they jump!

2 comments:

Brent said...

Thats really funny:) I'm kinda jealous of all of your out of town experiences (being the country girl that I am) although, I'm definately not jealous of the tick on the boob senario...I LOVE huge yards (somewhere for the dogs to run), gardening, and even jumping toads. So fun!

Brent said...

By the way, that last comment was from Michelle:) I guess I'm logged onto Brents google account. Woops